User's Guide to the new CRJHS IT Help Desk Ticketing System
Welcome to the new CRJHS IT Help Desk Ticketing System.
The new and improved IT Help Desk Ticketing System of Cristo Rey Jesuit HS Baltimore was launched September of 2009. The new system simplifies the incident management process of the IT Department. It allows users to log on to their IT Help Desk Ticketing System account to create, manage, and monitor their IT trouble tickets by themselves. Here are the advantages of the new CRJHS IT Ticketing System
Create and manage tickets. Users and IT support specialists can interact easily with each other through the new system, eliminating the need for manual email communication. Users can also initiate an IT request by simply creating a ticket and describing the details in their own words.
Monitor the progress of your tickets. The new system also provides more transparency between the user and the IT department since they can keep track of the progress of their tickets. They can also confirm closure by changing the ticket status by themselves.
Rate the service. In addition, The new IT Help Desk Ticketing System gives the users the ability to rate the quality of service provided to them. Your feedback helps the IT Department evaluate the existing procedures for further improvement.
You will find below a set of step-by-step tutorials to help you get the most out of the new CRJHS IT Ticketing System.
Logging in to the new CRJHS Ticketing System
1. Go to the IT website. Alternately, you can go directly to the CRJHS IT Help Desk Ticketing System login page
2. Enter your username and password. Your username is your complete CRJHS email address.
3. Tick the "Remember me on this computer" checkbox if you are not using a shared computer.
4. Press "login securely" button to go to the default page.
Creating a new ticket
1. On the default page inside CRJHS IT Help Desk Ticketing System, click the "+ New ticket" link on the left side of the screen.
2. Complete the form
3. Attach files if necessary by clicking the "attach files >>" link. You can attach up to 5 files.
- Title - make it short but descriptive
- Queue - always assign to "Support"
- Description - be as detailed as possible to avoid delays in the processing of your request.
4. Click "create new ticket" button.
5. A confirmation message with your ticket number will be displayed and your request is now forwarded to IT Department for further action. Use the ticket number when making follow ups via email, phone or chat. You will also receive an email notification containing the details of your ticket.
Viewing and updating your ticket
1. On the default page inside CRJHS IT Help Desk Ticketing System, click the "My tickets" link on the left side of the screen.
2. A list of your tickets will be displayed. click on the ticket you want to view/edit.
3. Updates from the IT support specialist will be displayed on the lower portion of the page. To add details to your ticket, type them inside the "Add a message:" text box.
4. Attach files if necessary by clicking the "attach files >>" link. You can attach up to 5 files.
5. Click "update" button to submit updates.
Closing and rating ticket
1. Follow steps 1 to 4 on Viewing and updating your tickets.
2. Click "close this ticket" button to close the ticket.
3. To rate the quality of service, click the button of your choice
4. You can also click "close without rating" link to close ticket without feedback.
- below average
- works for me
- well done
- great job
5. A message will be displayed on the screen to confirm that your ticket has been closed.
Changing your IT Help Desk Ticketing System password and updating your profile
1. On the default page inside CRJHS IT Help Desk Ticketing System, click the "profile" link on the top right corner of the screen.
2. To update your profile, type in the information you want to add/remove in the form. Click the "save' button. A confirmation message will be displayed once your profile is successfully updated.
3. To change your password, click "change my password" link.
4. Type in your new password and click "change password" button. A confirmation message will be displayed once your password is successfully changed.